Monday, October 1, 2007

Another week goes by...

...and still no paint on the tree. Sorry, Deb, I don't know where the time goes!!! It's Monday now, so I have to catch up on all the stuff I didn't do on the weekend and I will be back tomorrow to paint. Or this afternoon, if possible.

Well I didn't end up taking pictures, as it turns out the band was in rare form and they don't sit still very much so my inferior photography skills would have been no match for that much frantic energy. I'm much better at photographing trees. Besides, the lighting was bad in the room so they would not have been good pics anyway.

What beautiful weather we're having here in RI! Cool, sunny fall days and cool moonlit fall nights. The leaves are starting to really turn and it's so beautiful. The chipmunks are everywhere, filling their little faces full of....whatever chipmunks eat, and storing it away for the winter. We were also preparing for the winter yesterday, got a cord of wood and stacked it all. Myah, in typical Myah fashion, was stealing the wood and making her own little pile. Then she discovered there were chipmunks in the woodpile, and that kept her occupied for several hours. They are really not afraid of her, insofar as I think they know how far her chain will reach because they have no problem conducting their business as if there were no big dog lurking two feet away. They are not, however, stupid enough to do what the toads do and come right up to her. Thank goodness.

No comments: