Wednesday, October 3, 2007

NOW it's starting to look more like a tree...

...and less like a skeleton of a tree. I told you the paint was ugly! It looks like swamp mud. Especially when it was wet. Yuck. Next I will have to go back with a smaller brush and touch up the places that I couldn't get to with the 1/2" brush; the fine tips of the branches, some other smaller branches, and some of the edges where the plaster was really thick and I couldn't get the edge between the plaster and the wall. Then I can do the leaves! I will have to work on my leaf technique, which I haven't used since I painted Deb's kitchen cupboards.

I still don't know what kind of tree this is, I think it's just kind of generic. Preston said I should have made it a birch tree, to which I responded...it's a big hallway, lots of wall space to fill!

No comments: