Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary....

...to us! Saturday Preston and I celebrated 23 years together. And by celebrated, I mean we got each other cards and stayed home. That's right, we're boring. Maybe that's why we've lasted this long! I got to thinking (which is usually a bad idea), why is it he's put up with me for so long? I have to tell you, I just can't be an easy person to live with.
To begin with, I'm stubborn. I mean, world class stubborn. If stubborn were an Olympic event, I would do my country proud. If you tell me the sky is blue, I will present you with facts and figures indicating that it is actually purple. I don't mean to be obstinate, I just can't seem to help it.
I have a problem with authority. I can't handle being told what to do and when to do it, or what is the acceptable way to act or think. Probably that's why I'm self-employed.
Also I'm disorganized and therefore so is my house, and I never seem to be able to finish anything I start in a timely manner; I am a horrible procrastinator (actually that's not true...I'm a very, very good procrastinator).
I can't imagine how he's managed to overlook all my faults for all these years. I know he's got his faults too, but I don't think about them much. Mine just seem so much more heinous. But if you think about it, maybe that's what love really is; how much crap you're willing to put up with.
How's that for romance?

No comments: