Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm a huge fan of Georgia Kennedy. She drew this pic for the latest Decorus Mens show. Too cool!
I painted leaves on the tree yesterday, but my camera decided that 1/2 capacity batteries are not enough to do the job. So here are the pics of the trunk all done:

Actually with the flash on it, it looks more like rock than bark. But I'm pretty pleased with the results; in real life, it looks pretty much like a tree. And much better now with all the little twigs painted on. I could paint twigs all day, that was fun! And the leaves were fun too, I practiced that little brush-twist technique that Mom showed me from some tole book she had, and I used several shades of green in no particular order. Tomorrow I will go back and hopefully get the rest of the leaves done, right now there are only leaves on the lower branches and I have to decide how thick to make them as I get closer to the trunk to indicate leaves in the background.

No comments: