Friday, June 22, 2007

Magstock Eve

Well it's been an interesting week...one of our bands dropped out of Magstock, but The Flashing Reds stepped up to take their place so that was a minor disaster at most and actually may have worked out for the best. The Chariho Times did a nice article about us, but they also said "there is no charge for the event"...are you kidding? On the plus side, everything else seems to be falling into place very well. I'm also excited to be able to play in front of people again; since our last gig in February my band kind of fell apart and because of all the time I've spent planning Magstock I haven't really devoted any time to getting a band back together. After this is over, that will be my plan.

Personally it was also a big week for me...the Mashantucket Pequot Museum contacted me and wants to sell my ribbon shirts in their gift shop (pinching myself, don't wake up! don't wake up!) That would be my dream job, there's nothing I like making more than ribbon shirts and fancy regalia. So now I have to make up some shirts because I haven't had time to make any other than the specially-ordered ones. Many, many thanks to John Cutnose, who put them in touch with me!

So back to Magstock, it's tomorrow, so all I have to do now is 20 million little last minute things. Wish us luck!

No comments: