Thursday, June 14, 2007

Go to the Magstock concert!!

I can't stress this enough. This project has occupied most of my waking hours, and some of my sleeping ones, for the past few months. Details can be found at www.magstock.net. 6 bands, including Preston's and my band, will be performing for one outrageously low price of $10. Such a deal! Most of the bands are young, original bands; ours is made up of old people, (over 40!!) and we are playing our favorite Beatles songs.

PJ and I have been coordinating this concert to raise money for his friend Maggie, who is in a coma after having suffered a stroke at the tender age of 22. It really makes you stop and think, if it could happen to a perfectly healthy, fit young woman like a bolt out of the blue, it could happen to anybody. If I take nothing else away from this, it will be to appreciate every day for the gift that it is. Lots of people say that, but not too many of them actually live it. I'm going to try.

No comments: