Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hell Week....

...is upon us. It started off with the news that City Confessions, one of the bands who had asked to play at Magstock, has had to drop out, leaving open the 3:00 slot which none of the other bands were able to fill. Mind you, the concert is 5 days away. When I could breathe again, PJ and I discussed the possibilities for a replacement and decided to go with The Flashing Reds, out of Providence. As luck would have it, I was able to contact and get a response from them by the end of the day. Catastrophe averted. Also by the end of the day, some good news came our way; we now have a framed limited edition photo and original Woodstock ticket donated for the raffle. I know where MY tickets are going!!

Other than that, the weekend was as it usually is, full of yard sales and baseball and sunny weather. Preston's Little League team is out of the playoffs, which I think is kind of a relief for him. It was kind of a stressful season, players not getting along with each other, etc. Sunday night we took a ride to Aunt Carrie's for chowder and clamcakes, just in time to see them closing their doors. Fortunately George's was still open...not as good as Aunt Carrie's, but it was late and we were hungry.

Carol has a new project in the works, which I hope will turn out to be profitable for her; after much fiddling and figuring--and I suspect more than a little cursing--she has come up with a small day planner specifically for SCA people to use at Pennsic next month. I need to get them listed on Ebay so she can sell them! I should probably do that today, although can't imagine when...have to do some Magstock-related errands and get some sewing done. Maybe I should be doing that instead of THIS!

No comments: