Thursday, June 14, 2007

Is this June, for real?

....well I thought it was, until yesterday! I spent the late afternoon running the scoreboard at Dow Field, in my flannel jacket with a nice hot cup of Tim Horton's Cafe' Mocha. What screwy weather! Today's not much better, I will have to consume many cups of tea in order to be able to go to work this afternoon.

So finally I have a blog. I have been looking around for a site, and have signed up for a couple only to discover that I don't have the patience to figure out how to use them. I have the attention span of a mosquito. This one seems to be designed for dummies, though, so maybe I can manage it!

Powwow season is in full swing, and I am blessed to be asked to sew so much stuff! This week, among many other things, I decorated a shirt for artist John Paul Cutnose; usually I make the shirt, but as time was short he bought a shirt and I added the ribbons and the buffalo.
All the sewing keeps me so busy, I have not had time to plant my garden yet! I know, I know, July is right around the corner. But I haven't given up yet, Preston borrowed a rototiller (no, it hasn't even been tilled yet) but he is also busy so there it sits. I, with my girly arm muscles, can't start the bloody thing because it's one of those yank-the-rope situations. Girl power my butt, sometimes there are things that just require a man to get done. I'm not ashamed to say it.

No comments: