Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Goth in me...

...loves my latest project, which is made of blood red fabric and black ribbon. It's a ribbon dress for Marylou S., and I'm fairly certain there's no Goth in her, although you never know! This is the fabric:and I'm using Folkwear's Navajo Blouse pattern....for the first time, which is always interesting. Some of their patterns look simple, and this one isn't really all that difficult, but the construction techniques vary from pattern to pattern so it's an ongoing education. It's good for me, I guess! I spent the afternoon listening to my Tony Elman CD (look it up), drinking hot cider, and immersed in the construction of many, many pintucks on the sleeves of this dress.

I really should get back to Debbie's house and finish the tree wall, but first things first.

No comments: