Friday, February 8, 2008

Things That Inspire....

...did not work out as I'd hoped. Above are the velvet and organza that I'm using for the window treatments in my store (I still can't believe that. MY STORE!! Wonder if I'll ever get tired of how that sounds?), so I wanted to find a paint color that complements them (if you can't tell, the velvet is a deep royal violet). Also, I love those seaglass colors, and thought at some point during the summer I might want to change the window treatments (and they're not curtains, so I'm using that term for lack of a more descriptive one) to use those colors so I wanted to get a wall color that kind of went with both. As it turns out, that's not possible so I went with a light lavender, since those are the colors I use for all my printed stuff, and the colors I'm using for my signs. So I can't get my way all the time. This is an entirely new concept for me, and one I don't think I like. Can't quite get my mind to acccept it.

The town of Richmond approved my proposal for the sign on my building, so I'm good to go with that...just have to get the materials. So really, most of the time I do get my way.

The other thing that's going on with me is I'm trying to lose weight, though I don't really want to. Try, that is, not lose. I'd like to lose without trying, but there again, can't get my way. What's up with that??

My attempted weight loss, I have to tell you, is not prompted by vanity, or even health (though it probably should be). It was prompted by simple economics; my fat clothes are getting too tight, and I can't afford to go buy a new wardrobe. So far I have lost two pounds. Not a lot, but it was done with very little effort on my part which is the way I like it. But during week three, Preston decided we needed me to bake an apple pie. I must say I bake the best apple pie I've ever had. There'll be no false modesty with regard to my apple pie, and those of you who know me know I'm not in the habit of boasting; I really do make fantastic apple pie. So of course I made us one. So last week I didn't lose any more weight BUT I didn't gain any either, so I think I was lucky.

No comments: