Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oh yeah, I have a blog.

It's been an eventful three months and while it doesn't take long to get on here and post, it hasn't been uppermost in my mind. A few days after my last post, Sparky ended up in the hospital where she stayed for almost a month. She's doing really well now, but during the last couple of months my dog, who's also doing well now, also had some serious medical issues. I'm knocking wood....everyone else is ok.

Autumn is here and I couldn't be happier. Although the last couple of days have been stinking humid, it won't last too much longer. The crickets and katydids have been singing during the day, not just at night, which is how I knew fall (real fall, not calendar-fall) was right around the corner. I live for fall. It's the only thing that makes dealing with the other three seasons (ice, mud, and sweat) bearable. I only wish it would last longer, but I'll take what I can get. In fall I get what other people get in the spring...the urge to do the spring cleaning thing.

Which brings us to The Purge. My friend the dumpster is gone now, having been filled with as much flotsam and jetsam as we could cram into it. And wouldn't you know, there's still more stuff left! But it had to go, as the dumpster people were starting to call me wondering if I had skipped town with it or what. As if. Anyway, we did manage to get rid of a tremendous amount of crap...well over two tons of it, judging by the bill I got. And damn, the yard looks big! Now all we have to do is make a few more trips to the scrap yard and we will be done.

I swore, as I do periodically, that I wasn't going to start any new projects until I finished all the ones I'd already started. I did pretty well, held off as long as I could, but I just couldn't do it. I'm still working on the already-started ones (which include few orders that are long overdue) but I did start a couple more because I just have no self-control. Pics with my next post.

No comments: