Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What I do for fun when I'm not sewing....

...is, uh...sew. Or in this case, No-sew. I finally got around to making these banners for our band so that people will know who they're watching. Instead of making a big banner for the wall and then having the problem of trying to find a way to hang it, I decided to make two smaller ones that will hang from our speakers with velcro. These were made with heat n bond ultra hold, and then the small details of the Bleeding Cowboys font I added with paint.

Today's movie review is The Proposal, starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I really liked this movie, and it's also something Sparky can watch (no violence, obnoxious language or overt sex). It's a romantic comedy, most of which is set in Alaska. It was, actually, filmed mostly in Massachusetts, and the scenery is truly stunning. The story was not as predictable as most romantic comedies, and the fact that Betty White is in it...well, it's my firm belief that ANY movie can be vastly improved by the addition of Betty White. Not that this movie needed improvement. I highly recommend it. It's very funny and a very sweet story. And getting back to Betty White, if you're browsing around YouTube you should check out the clips of her on the Craig Ferguson show. She's just got to be the funniest woman on the planet.

No comments: