Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Return of Crash....

...to the compound was a happy occasion indeed. Having survived his bronchioscopy with nary a scratch (except the weeks' worth of IV holes, of course), he looks better than he has in weeks and fully enjoyed a home-cooked meal for the first time in 6 days. Armed with a smorgasbord of new meds, he now awaits the results of his test. I don't know why these things take so long. Two weeks? Really? But then, I have many customers who could say the same about ME, so I shouldn't bark too loudly. Just as tailoring customers must wait their turn, so must patients.

Today's review is All About Steve, starring Sandra Bullock. If you've not seen this movie, my recommendation is: don't bother. I like Sandra Bullock, I've probably seen all of her movies, and I think she's a great actor. But the nerdy Mary, with whom we're presumably supposed to empathize and root for, was just too annoying for words. I couldn't get past that. Mary is a crossword puzzle writer by trade (excuse me, cruciverbalist), and her parents set her up on a blind date with Steve, whom she then proceeds to stalk across the country. Sounds like it could be funny, and there are a few moments, but mostly it falls flat.

No comments: