Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Believe it was Jimmy Buffett....

...who popularized that phrase, "another rotten day in paradise". Could mean you're in paradise but can't appreciate it because you've got a crappy attitude, or maybe it's like my day today....sure it's a rotten day, but it's paradise so... how bad could it possibly be?

Yeah, my little paradise. We are having rain which will probably be measured in feet instead of inches, and Preston and I hardly ventured outside at all. Day off. We unplugged. I literally didn't plug the phone in until late afternoon. Just spent the day hanging out, which was nice, and catching up on some paperwork, which was not nice. But it was a good day for it, at least I didn't have to sit there doing it and thinking, "I could be outside". I baked cookies. And went outside to look at the roof tonight, as I heard what could only be the prancing of reindeer hooves up there. Oh sure it COULD have been a branch, after all we ARE having a storm, but since I saw no branch (well, ok, it was dark), I'm going with reindeer. Until tomorrow, when it's light out and I can actually see because I'm pretty sure there's a bloody big branch up there.

So now I'm taking a little break from working on a Christmas order. I can't go into details, because I'm sworn to secrecy and I'm not sure if the recipient, who happens to be a friend of mine, reads this blog or not. It's a pretty involved and really cool project, not designed by me so I can say that. The design was given to me, and my mission, which I was daft enough to accept, is to bring it into reality. Along with several designs for other things, all Christmas gifts. And yes, I'm aware that Christmas is in two weeks. So what am I doing on the computer when I should be measuring and calculating and sketching? My eyes were crossing.

Ok, back to work.

No comments: