Saturday, July 5, 2008

Alice in Chains....

...is not for everyone I guess, but I am really happy with my new CD. You know, you can say all that alternative stuff sounds alike but really, it doesn't. I suppose you could say all rap sounds alike, and all jazz sounds alike, all country sounds alike (Ok all country DOES sound alike. Sorry.) But you have to be willing to really listen to stuff to appreciate the work that went into it. Well most of it anyway. Some stuff is just crap. Really.

In the interest of expanding your musical horizons, I thought I'd post this: These are five CDs I never seem to get tired of listening to. There are more I'm sure, but these come to mind right now. They all appeal to me for different reasons:

Three, “The End Has Begun”

Action Figure Party (self-titled) I believe this is the only CD this band ever made. The band was formed by an assortment of musicians from other bands, some of them quite famous already.

VAST, “Music for People”

Dream Theater, “Falling into Infinity”

Widespread Panic, "Panic in the Streets" (really this is a DVD but Preston put it on CD for me. I love WP but you have to listen to them live to get the full effect. The studio tracks just don't do it for me.)


I don't know if anybody actually reads this blog but if you're reading this, by all means please post some of YOUR favorites so I can check them out!

No comments: