Thursday, June 12, 2008

What a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood....

....and I took the opportunity to wash my car. I feel like I'm hardly ever home, and today I was and I saw that it was good. So I finally washed the car, which was getting embarrassing even for ME. I'm not a car person, my feeling about the car is that it gets me from A to B. If it does that, I'm happy and if it's dirty I just don't really care. Most of the time it looks like I'm moving, car all full of junk being transported from A to B. Drives Preston crazy.

Also today I watered the flowers, poor things were looking droopy already. I'm also not a flower person; I have no master plan for laying out the little garden, not even a color scheme. I go flower shopping, and whatever strikes me at the time is what I buy. And it shows, my garden is pathetic until everything gets big and healthy...right now it's still in the early stages, so I won't show you. But here are some things I had to have:I don't know what they're called, I told you I'm not a flower person but I love daisies, and I'd never in my life seen daisies with purple centers...I saw purple and got excited, so I had to have them. Also these petuniathings:
They're yellow now, but I swear when I bought them they were kind of mango-colored, peachy but a little more orange than peach. Petunias are not my favorite, but these were so little and pretty and they looked like they belonged in a hanging pot. I don't have a place to hang them, but I could just picture them in a pot on the stump next to the flower garden.

And of course I have my three window boxes at the store, which get more attention than any other flowers anywhere. I water them and pick the dead things off of them when I go in, and then on most afternoons the Plant Police (aka Marilyn) show up to fuss over them and scold me for not taking proper care. She always finds a dead thing I missed. She doesn't know I leave one for her to find, so she'll have something about which to scold me. It seems to make her happy; I guess we all need a purpose in life.

1 comment:

Carol said...

HEY,
I'm just catching up on your blog....commenting retrospectively.....I like your flowers. those petunia-esque blossoms may very well change colour as they age --you're not hallucinating.
I love your doggie, she's so sweet.
Get your hubby outta the dog house, he's a good man :-P*
why do people do that kind of thing, ya know pose in cramped spaces? just the other day, 2 of my Household members were driven to climb into a freezer, and smile pretty (i know it's the adjectival form, stop twitchin')
exactly WHAT is pink/orchid coloured? show me. and post the picture of your store front for everyone to enjoy, or is it posted already and i just can't find it? now that i have a 'new' car, i just might be able to daytrip and see it in person!!!!
:-) Buffy