Friday, June 27, 2008

After Months of Plotting....

...and scheming, my evil plan to steal goldfinches away from my neighbor is working. Ha ha Sparky!! You must SHARE your finches!!! I got a thistle feeder for Christmas from Preston, and have been trying unsuccessfully to lure them over from her house, where she entertains a vast variety of finches, woodpeckers, sparrows, towhees, hummingbirds, chipmunks, and God knows what else. It's like the office water cooler over there. I don't usually feed the birds during the summer, but it became my mission in life to get the little buggers to leave their posh resort and come across the yard, where I offer something they can't get over there; thistle seed. That's right, my neighbor told me, "Oh you don't need thistle seed to get finches to come" and it's true, word has spread far and wide that behind her house is the place to be, and now they'll all eat anything she puts out there. She's like the bird whisperer.

No comments: