Friday, April 18, 2008

Random thoughts of the week....

...are not pleasant. I don't like to post negative stuff, but it's a blog, right? It's what's on my mind. And what's on my mind is that this week I discovered that one of my friends is a bigot. It's one of those things that falls under the "be careful what you wish for" category, because I've always felt that political correctness is not a good thing. If people say just how they feel instead of what they think you want to hear, then you know who the assholes are. Which is good in theory until you find out that they're your friends. The fact that (although I don't look like it and she doesn't know it) I'm actually part of the ethnic group she expressed a dislike for wasn't even the reason for my indignation; I just wasn't raised that way. It is just unfathomable to me how you can dismiss an entire race with one comment. And it was said with particular venom, not in any kind of a joking way which while not funny, might have led me to believe that her dislike may not apply to ALL of them.

I don't know how I feel about her now. Actually that's a lie; I do, I feel kind of creepy and don't want to be around her. That's really sad, but there it is.

No comments: