Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

...the Great White North. I can't really complain, it hasn't been all that cold. My poor father thinks it is though, because my parents have been spending their winters in Florida so they seem to have forgotton what cold is. He's constantly rubbing his hands together and looking at the thermometer. Mom has threatened to remove all thermometers from the house so he won't know how cold he's supposed to be. Here's who doesn't mind the cold:We got another cord of wood delivered the other day, and she's such a big help with the stacking. Or should I say un-stacking. The last time, she actually made her own pile. Don't know what that was all about. This time she seemed more interested in seeking out specific pieces, based on some criteria only she knew, and chewing on them. Fortunately it's oak, so even those strong jaws can't do TOO much damage. The problem is that she needs to be right in the middle of whatever is going on so we have to step over and around her while we stack.

Christmas is almost here and my state of mind can be summed up thusly; the other night (1:30 am) in Walmart I ran into someone I know and she said, "Ready for Christmas?" and I said (jokingly of course, I'm not a grinch), "Well...it's gonna come, whether I'm ready or not!" And so it is. I guess I've done all the shopping I'm going to do, since Christmas is in two days! Although I got an email this morning from Musician's Friend reminding me "there's still time to order".

No comments: