Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Tree Project Resumes!

After a lengthy absence from Deb's house, I have begun work on the tree again. Actually finished all the plaster, so now there is a creepy white tree on the wall. Should have taken a pic, I'll have to do that next time.

Boy, it sure feels like fall here! I so love fall, I wish it lasted a lot longer. I'm always so happy the first time I see that one red leaf on a tree in August. Then when you hear the night bugs singing while the sun's still up, you KNOW it's coming! There are so many wonderful things about living in the country (well ok, it's not really country, but we have woods behind our house so compared to a lot of places, it's country). My mom has a veritable wild kingdom right outside her picture window...chipmunks that eat out of your hand, birds at the feeder, squirrels that chase the chipmunks, bees that chase the hummingbirds, it's a never-ending drama over there! Over next door here we have our own dramas...like having to rescue the fat little toads (some not so little!) who seem absolutely fascinated with my dog and come out after dark to get as close as they can and gaze adoringly at her (the other theory is that they are all over in the bushes daring each other to see who can get the closest without becoming a midnight snack).

In other news, our son is moving out this week. He's a grown man, and I'm sure it's time he left, but I'll still miss him even though when he lives here he hardly ever is here anyway. His band just finished recording some of their music (which you can hear if you're interested, www.myspace.com/decorusmens) and are starting to get more local exposure and it's looking promising for them. I'm looking forward to seeing them perform, only seen them once and they were just amazing live and got a very good response from the audience.

No comments: