Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year....

...resolutions, new beginnings, blah blah blah.  Bah humbug right?  Don't mind me.  I never make new years' resolutions, because I know I won't keep them.  Instead, I am just doing what I do every year after the Christmas hubbub; diving right into what's next, balls to the wall.  And what's next for me is to get ready for what projects need to be done for spring; namely, the regalia (which i have started, isn't this a wild shade of pink?).  Also finishing the orders I have, which if I had any discipline at all would have been finished before I started the 8 ribbon shirts that are currently in progress.  Of course, if I had any discipline at all, I wouldn't have any problems with new years' resolutions.




So what I did on New Years' Day was to finally sand the boards that Preston cut for me several years ago for a display I designed for the store.  Unfortunately, I'm not a carpenter so the design had a couple of flaws, which I never resolved and so it never got finished. Looked ok on paper, but would not have worked in reality as my resident builder pointed out.  But I finally figured it out, and have been trying since last fall to get them sanded, stained, and poly-ed.  The problem is, it has to be a nice day AND I have to have the day off AND I have to not get sucked into someone else's project/have an afternoon of errands.  So that happened today, and even though it was a balmy 33 outside I sucked it up and sanded them.  Didn't get them stained, but that's ok...I can do that on a bad day or at night, whatever.

No comments: