Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Resolution FAIL...

Are you surprised? Really? I'm not. In fact I'm a little ashamed to admit that I don't think I even made it as far as I did last year. That's why I didn't really CALL it a "New Year's Resolution". Finishing my old projects before starting new ones is a fool's quest as far as I can see. Because a lot of the time I make stuff up as I go along, and sometimes I get a little stuck...should I put a ruffle here? pintucks on the bottom? Contrasting binding or not? Sometimes it's a no-brainer, and sometimes I just can't decide. So I put it aside figuring I'll come back to it and look at it with a fresh perspective. But in the meantime, other ideas just keep coming and I have to start them; can't just wait, I'll forget them. Can't just write them down for future reference, I have a whole folder of those that I never look at because I'm too busy to have to go fish for old ideas.

Besides, Easter is coming in just a few months, and this little dress is not going to make itself. At least not in time for Easter. I figure if I start it now maybe I'll get it done in time for Easter 2013.

No comments: