Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I was very difficult to buy for this year. Preston kept asking me what I want, and I kept saying, "I'm good". Which, while really not helpful, was actually true. Through the miracles of medical science, I got to keep both my Mom and my dog this year! What more could I want? I feel very blessed. Plus I got to see my son; with 3,000 miles between us that doesn't happen very often.

I finally put up a sort of a tree a couple days ago. It's the fiber optic one I had in the shop. Neither of us could justify spending all that money on a real tree, even though we prefer a real one, when after Christmas I immediately start itching to get it out of the house. The house is very small, and a tree in the living room takes up a large amount of living space. So I brought this one home and plugged it in. Little did I know that it not only lights up, but it rotates, a situation I found completely unacceptable. Besides it freaked Myah out. So since there was no on/off switch for the rotating aspect, I unplugged it and hung a string of lights on it. That's it, no ornaments, no angel on top, nothing. Well there are a few candy canes on it now but that's it. Really I just put it there to have someplace to put the presents because they just looked strange sitting in the corner with no tree. But I think it looks nice. Especially with Myah under it.

No comments: