Wednesday, June 1, 2011

American Picker Hell...


...is what this is. Well, it didn't START that way. It's actually one of those car port/tent things which Crash set up to store a lot of stuff from the basement temporarily. But we had a really hard winter, and the poles of the thing were not strong enough to withstand all the abuse. The roof and poles buckled during the first really big storm of the winter, and after that it was not even close to weathertight even though all the "walls" were still up. So everything that was in there is now wet and ruined and smelly and full of miscellaneous wildlife. THAT sure didn't take long. My mission, and I choose to accept it because there's something really wrong with me, is to poke through it and see if there's anything salvageable to put in the upcoming yard sale. it's not really safe--or physically possible--to go inside, so it'll have to be attacked from the outside. So since time is marching on and it's June already, and I had an hour to kill yesterday, I began by peeling it like a big white stinky banana. Look at the mess I made, isn't that impressive? Poor Sparky, like it wasn't ugly enough before yesterday, now the view from the big kitchen window is even more repulsive. The view from MY kitchen window is just as bad, only from a different angle...but at least I can park the truck in front of it and I don't have to see it! I hope we can get it cleaned up quickly, and we will if the weather cooperates! Or as Crash would have said, if "God's willin' and the creek don't rise".

No comments: