Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspiration...

....comes at me from all angles, and there are not enough hours in a day for me to perform all the tasks that my muses throw at me. Check out this fabric that Buffy gave me for Christmas:The background is much pinker in person. There's just enough of it for a little sundress and bonnet...BUT I have 5 other projects started already and can't let myself start this one yet!! Oh who am I kidding, I've already got the pattern out and am making plans for the trim to go with it. I'm tellin' ya, it's nervewracking how many cool things I don't have time to make. And being a big fan of Mary Engelbreit, I find cherries very appealing and bright and cheerful so it makes me happy to sew cherry fabric. Thanks again, Buffy! And on the subject of cherries, I already have a cherry dress started. Black background, white collar with handpainted cherries on it, HUGE red rickrack trim that I picked up somewhere so long ago that I don't remember where. BY the way I went to JoAnn fabric yesterday and was amazed to see the price of huge rickrack trim. Makes me very glad I am a packrat, as I have a big tote of various trims and whatnot that I picked up here and there and now I'm finding uses for them.

And on THAT note, it's time to go to work!

No comments: