Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth.....

...is not Disney. Sorry. It's Etsy.com. I could go there every day, if I had the time, and spend hours just in awe of all the creativity of the people who have Etsy stores. The first place you have to go, and here's the link, is to Joo Joo Land.These tiny little creations are just amazing, especially if you've worked with polymer clay and you know how hard it is (ok, maybe it's just me) to work with itty bitty little pieces. Another of my favorites is Creation Cottage. Ok, I know I'm supposed to promote my OWN work, and I do have an Etsy store too. But really, sometimes you get tired of looking at your own stuff and everyone else's just seems so much better!

Well in case you didn't notice, it's still winter. Sunny here in RI, but cold and windy and I'm trying very hard to appreciate the seasons, all of them, but does this one have to be so LONG?? One of my customers in the shop the other day was regaling me with tales of Arizona, just to torture me. Trying to convince his wife to move there, and she does love it there but she says she'd miss the seasons. On days like today, I feel pretty strongly that the seasons are overrated. At least THIS one is. Here's how I think it should be; After spring and summer, which are ok, we should have fall for 4-1/2 months. Then 6 weeks of winter, when we get all the snow and ice and freezing rain that we're going to get for the year. At the end of that we have Christmas, then we move right into spring. None of this messing around with ice and mud and will-it-snow-one-more-time baloney. It's 20, then it's 60, then it snows, then it's 60 again....one day I've got my doors and windows open, the next day I'm huddled next to the wood stove.

Maybe I should move to Joo Joo Land.

2 comments:

Afsaneh said...

Oh my GOD!!! Thank you so so much for featuring my work in your wonderful bolg! I am really honored :) xoxo

I totally agree with you! I am so tired of winter right now, here in Canada winters are so long and spring and summer are so so short :((

Carol said...

Well,Lori, the weather is my fault, so I'm told. I'm holding out for one more snowstorm. If it's a heavy wet one and takes down my neighbour's tree, right into my kitchen, I'll send you a picture entitled "Careful What you Wish For"
To encourage you though, the Spring season has official begun in the liturgical sense (yay Lent), I have not only heard the birds' being more vociferous, including the ones in my kitchen wall, I have actually seen a bluejay and Joe has seen a robin. My garden boasts the first of Spring's joys; 3/4" shoots of snowdrops. So don't despair, if you poke hard enough under the road sand and salt, push aside the lingering piles of snow from the snowplows, if you squint your ears hard enough, i'll bet you'll notice the signs too :-)
>hugs<