Sunday, August 5, 2007

I Think That I Shall Never See....

...a project that takes as long as Debby's tree! Poor Deb has been waiting about a year for me to get going on this. She decided, after I was done painting trees in the bathroom (http://incrediblethreads.com/furniture.html) that the hallway was dull and needed something. See? Dull. So we decided that what it needs is a tree. So after putting it off for a year--and mind you, I have been really looking forward to this, so the putting-off part wasn't something I wanted to do--I've finally started. The first day I went over and sketched a rough tree. Willow, while very cute, is not a very good watchdog. She barked at me once and then decided I wasn't worth the effort.
The plan is to make it out of plaster so that it has some texture, so the second day I went over and put some galvanized window screen on the trunk and larger parts of the branches so that the plaster will have something to stick to. No blister this time from the staple gun, and there was minimal bleeding and no cursing. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm making it up as I go along. With any luck at all, it'll work!

No comments: