Friday, August 17, 2007

Wish I didn't have to sleep....

....so many projects, not enough hours in the day! Since I last posted, I have been sewing pretty much nonstop, only stopping to sleep and eat and play a little music! (More about that later). There is a powwow every weekend now, so I'm getting last minute requests from everywhere besides the ongoing hems and zippers and all that stuff.

I have been trying to continue with the tree, although this week I only got over there once. Poor Deb! The good news is that what I have done is coming out even better than I hoped! I worried about getting the plaster to have texture, but as it turns out texture should have been the least of my concerns. I'm pleased to report that, probably because I ended up putting it on there with my fingers, it's coming out very crusty and tree-like. I was going to do it with a putty knife, but Preston said that wouldn't work...and of course, he would have been right. I tried using rubber gloves, but the plaster just stuck to them and made them heavy and slide off my hand. So I just used my bare hands, which works better because I have more control over where the plaster goes. The trunk is the easy part, it's like finger painting and I can just slap it on there. But when I get to the branches it's a little trickier, I have to be careful and so it takes longer, which means I can only mix the plaster in little batches. So it's taking a long time.

We are still looking for a band to play with, but we get to jam this weekend with a bunch of different people at the backyard wedding of Rob and Paula. They played with us at Magstock, and had so much fun with the Beatles songs that they decided to incorporate that set into what has now been called "Wedstock". There is going to be an entire afternoon and evening of music by at least four different bands and even more combinations of bands. The event has also been called "Paulapalooza" by Rob, because of course being a wedding, it's all about the bride.

No comments: