Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nice day for a White Wedding...

....it was the most beautiful celebration of a wedding I have ever seen. The weather was perfect, and the whole day was just indescribably joyful. I was unable to get a pic of the bride and groom together, because my camera batteries died prematurely but here's the bride, Paula, flanked by Frank Angell on the left and one of her friends on the right, during one of their many performances:
Both the bride and the groom spent most of the day singing and playing with various combinations of the bands Blame the Dog, The Woodbine Family, 5th Element, and Jus-Tus. Also performing were many of their non-band-affiliated friends, and local bluesman Harvey Jorgensen. I can't remember when I've had so much fun playing!

We have been busy with putting a new shower/bathtub in our house, so I haven't been able to get to Deb's to continue with the tree. Here's what our bathroom looked like yesterday morning:
There were only two of us home yesterday, so getting that tub out was a real bitch of a job, excuse my french. It's cast iron, and I don't know exactly what it weighs but it's a lot. Plus, when we put the tub in there over 20 years ago, it went in before the left wall so trying to wedge it out of there was...a challenge. But we got it out, and after re-plumbing the whole thing (which we didn't realize we were going to have to do), we are today ready to install the new unit. I hope it goes in easier than the old one came out, but that's probably too much to hope for. As we were putting in the new pipes, the mouse made an appearance from under the floor. Wonder what she must think!!

No comments: